Thursday 10 October,online, 2pm-3pm GMT+1
Driving requires the full attention of the driver. Hazards can arise at any time, and vehicles can travel a considerable distance in a short amount of time. A moment’s distraction can have fatal consequences. Anything that draws the driver’s attention away from the road – through sight, sound, thought or physical action – is a distraction. Preventing driver distraction is one of the most important things that fleet managers can do to make their workforce safer.
Our academic and practitioner speakers will discuss:
- why distraction is an important road safety issue, and why drivers get distracted;
- the addictiveness and distractions of different technologies;
- policies to help mitigate driver distraction;
- measures to help employers identify drivers who may be distracted at the wheel; and
- measures to raise awareness of distraction through education and communication programmes.
Who should attend?
Representatives of any organisation in the world that employs at-work drivers, including:
- fleet managers
- health and safety managers
- transport managers
- HR professionals
The webinar is also relevant for road safety NGOs, fleet suppliers, insurers, fleet risk management and driver training providers.
This webinar is free to attend. To register, complete our online form.